11th November 2016
McQ will be giving away three pairs of tickets to:
The Punk London debate: Is London still punk?
on Friday 18 November 2016, 7.30 – 9pm.
Answer the following question:
What is the most punk thing you’ve ever done?
The three best stories will win a pair of tickets each to the debate on Friday 18th.*
Please email your punk story to:
A punk girl with London Punx tattooed on her hand1980s. © Ted-Polhemus_PYMCA
Punk London debate : Is London still punk?
An uncensored live debate, bringing together opposing ideas and arguments about punk, its journey over forty years and what it means for the future.
Chaired by “punk professor” Vivien Goldman, the panellists include model, actress and iconic punk Jordan, former Buzzcocks’ manager, Richard Boon, Kate Hutchison, Acting Editor at The Guardian Guide and musician and writer/performer, Jen Calleja.
Also present will be Joe Corré – the son of the late Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren and fashion designer Vivienne Westwood – who plans to burn his entire collection of punk memorabilia.
1. These Terms and Conditions are the Competition rules (the “Rules”) and apply to the McQ Punk London competition” (the “Competition”). By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Rules.
2. The Promoter of the Competition and the Data Controller is Autumnpaper Limited trading as McQ Alexander McQueen (company number 4099265) of Fifth Floor Rear Suite, Oakfield House, 35 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3BW (“McQ”).
3. The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) only, who are not less than 18 years of age (excluding employees, consultants, advisers or agents of McQ or of any company in McQ’s group of companies, their families or anyone professionally connected with the Competition). The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry per person.
4. The Competition will run from 00.00 GMT on 10th November 2016 until 23.59 GMT on 15th November 2016 (the “Competition Period”). For the avoidance of doubt an entry outside the Competition Period will not be valid. McQ reserves the right to extend the Competition Period at any time prior to the closing date, if in McQ’s opinion it is necessary.
5. To enter the Competition, send us a description of the most “punk” thing you’ve ever done (“Entry”) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Competition Period. Please also confirm your full name and address.
6. McQ will select the three entrants who have submitted the most interesting Entries (the “Winners”). The decision of McQ is final and binding. The Winners will be contacted via email by 20.00 GMT on 16th November 2016. The Winners’ details (names and locations) may be made available by McQ and will be available on request to those writing to Global Digital Marketing Manager, McQ, 76-78 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5QA.
7. Each Winner will receive one pair of tickets to the Punk London debate to be held at 7.30pm to 9.00pm GMT on Friday 18th November 2016 at the Museum of London (the “Prize”). Transport to and from the Punk London debate is not included in the Prize and all costs of attending the Punk London debate shall be borne by the Winners.
8. The Winners must claim the Prizes within 24 hours of the notification email (information on how to claim the Prize will be given at the time of notification). If the Prize(s) is unclaimed after this time, the Prize(s) will lapse and McQ reserves the right to offer the unclaimed Prize(s) to another entrant. If an entrant is found to be ineligible for any reason in the sole and absolute discretion of McQ, an alternative winner may be selected in accordance with para 6. At the sole and absolute discretion of McQ, the Winner(s) may be requested to provide McQ with proof that they are the Authorized Account Holder(s) (defined below) of the email account associated with the winning entry or otherwise that the entry is in compliance with these terms and conditions. McQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to withhold delivery of the Prize(s) until such proof of eligibility and identity of the Winner(s) has been confirmed or to disqualify any entrant from the Competition as it sees fit. The Prizes are awarded at McQ’s discretion and no Prize(s) will be awarded if improper actions by or on behalf of an entrant are suspected.
9. The Prizes are non-transferable and non-exchangeable and there is no cash alternative. McQ reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for an alternative of equal or greater value. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. McQ may use all entrants’ names and their Entries, without the need for obtaining permission, for the purpose of announcing the Winners. By entering the Competition, entrants agree that McQ has the non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free right to (a) use their Entry (or any part of it) for the purpose of judging the Entry in accordance with the Rules; and (b) to use, reproduce, modify, publish, distribute or print your Entry (or any part of it) worldwide in any media including for advertising and marketing purposes such as, without limitation, on social media websites including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and www.McQ.com. Entry to the Competition also confirms that the entrant has obtained the consent of any third parties in their Entry for use of the Entry by McQ in accordance with this Rule.
11. McQ does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered howsoever arising from the Competition, whether due to any errors or omissions or other cause by McQ, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law. Nothing shall exclude McQ’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of their negligence.
12. Participation in this Competition is subject to entrants having access to the internet and a valid email account. Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email account the entry is sent from. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by their service provider. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Entries automatically generated by computer, incomplete or corrupted entries and all those not in accordance with the Rules will not be accepted.
13. McQ does not warrant that the Competition will be free from errors or omissions. The Competition may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of McQ.
14. McQ reserves the right to cancel and amend the Competition or these Rules at any time and without prior notice. McQ will not be liable to any entrant or to any other person in the event that all or any part of the Competition is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
15. In the event of any dispute regarding these Rules and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of McQ shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. McQ reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these Rules.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
17. You can contact us in relation to this Competition by writing to: Global Digital Marketing Manager, McQ, 76-78 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5QA.